WK 16 - THE CUSTOMER RULES  

RSS

Kathy McNamara
Eminent Member
20/05/2017 4:05 pm  

This week we are reading:

Rule 30 - Be Relentless About Details

Rule 31 - Be Reliable

In Rule 31 we are reminded that "it takes a long time to build a good reputation and an instant to lost it."  In Rule 30, the author suggests that "checklists can reduce human errors..."

So if we were to develop a Customer Service Checklist for Reliable Delivery, what should we include?  

ReplyQuote
Kathy McNamara
Eminent Member
20/05/2017 4:08 pm  

Three things for our checklist:

1.  Before you pick up the phone or answer an email - remind yourself to be warm and friendly.

2.  Review the order before you hang up or complete the job - Every Time!

3.  Don't forget to look at the  Customer Pulse!

ReplyQuote
Jamie.Murdock
23/05/2017 11:38 am  

He's baaackkk. Sorry, it has been a few weeks for me.

1. Answer the phone and greet the customer, ask them what you can do for them.

2. When they reply with what they need, be sure to tell them something like, "yes, I can help you out with this", or "I would be happy to help you with this, etc." Don't be so fast to jump into the order. We have a lot to do, and there are times we have to get a customer off of the phone quicker than usual, but let's still take our time to be respectful, and let them know we are there and listening, and happy to help.

3. Begin with asking for an account. After that, everything is section by section. Avoid skipping around the order entry page. I have found that most mistakes are made when CSRs enter jobs out of order. It helps if we go step by step, that way we don't miss anything.

4. If looking for a quote or if pricing the job, check the pulse first.

5. After you have entered the job, run back over the job with the customer. Something like "Okay, (insert name of customer), so we are picking up X (amount) pieces/description from Y and delivering to location Z. That is ready ____ and due by ____. Does that all sound correct?" If there are any additional details regarding exact time pu/delivery, meet the flight, etc, please be sure to add this in to your spiel.

5a. For heavy freight orders, be sure to confirm the customers home address with what we have on the paperwork. 

6. Ask the customer if they have any questions regarding their order. This is especially important for heavy freight orders. 

7. Thank the customer for calling, and tell them to have a great day!

ReplyQuote
Kathy McNamara
Eminent Member
23/05/2017 12:50 pm  

Great list Jamie!!

ReplyQuote
Tony Darin
Eminent Member Admin
26/05/2017 3:56 pm  

Customer checklist should include:

- Smile while you say "Hello"

- Speak clearly and ask questions on needed answers, politely

- Request account number or full company name and address

- When offering pricing back to customer, make sure service level and vehicle are accurate and confirm size and weight of shipment

- Check pulse for additonal notes on rates and needs

- Confirm all details and service levels back to customer for confirmation and offer rate for services

- Offer job number as confirmation that ready time for shipment is established

- Thank customer for allowing us to help with this shipment and we'll look forward to helping them again

ReplyQuote
Klod
 Klod
26/05/2017 5:25 pm  

The top five things in the Customer Checklist should be:

- Answer the phone with an "inviting" voice.

- Politely ask for the information.

- See if we can help them save on costs, by offering a different level of service.

- Review and Confirm the information for accuracy.

- Thank them for the Opportunity and yes, smile and make them feel welcomed to the next phone call.

ReplyQuote
Larry Baker
02/06/2017 4:24 pm  

It seems like we can also find ways to helps customers in unexpected ways if we add, at the end of each call, "Is there anything else I can help you with?".  They may have an unrelated question pertaining to logistics that we can help with.  This is a great way to generate new leads.

ReplyQuote
Aaron Alberts
Active Member Admin
05/06/2017 2:09 pm  

It seems like we can also find ways to helps customers in unexpected ways if we add, at the end of each call, "Is there anything else I can help you with?".  They may have an unrelated question pertaining to logistics that we can help with.  This is a great way to generate new leads.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register